Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Butternut Squash Soup

It's a cold, rainy day in Upstate NY - the perfect weather for soup…

Recipe adapted from Everyday Paleo by Sarah Fragoso


 Ingredients:
2 Butternut squash
2 garlic cloves (or 2 tsp preprepared minced garlic)
1 white onion
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
black pepper to taste

 Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Cut butternut squash in half and scoop out seeds
Place on a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes-1 hr 
(I flipped them over 1/2 way though)
Remove from oven and scoop squash out of skin

 Add garlic and onion in a food processor (I don't have one so I used my blender) with the squash and process until completely smooth.  (I had a hard time getting mine smooth without any liquid, so I added about a 1/2 cup of the chicken broth to the blender to help).

 Transfer to a large soup pot and add the remaining ingredients.  Mix well and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
Turn down to low and let the soup simmer, stirring often for 10-15 minutes.
Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.

 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment